Experienced Design Support Team
Providing In-house Design Services Customized to Your Expectations
At Tamlin, we know that it takes time to develop a home plan that reflects your personal tastes and meets your building objectives. Whether you are wanting to capture the right view, create an open-concept plan, bring the outdoors inside or focus on practical and functional aspects, its worth the extra effort to design a custom home for now and one you can age in.
You can count on our experienced in-house design team and professional services to provide the right level of design support, including:
- Conceptual Design (design features, objectives)
- Design Consultation (custom or standard plan modifications)
- Preliminary Design (elevation, floor plan, sections, 3D plans and 3D Timber Frame plan)
- Timber Frame and/or House Materials Selection
- Preliminary Quotation (based on material specifications)
- Plan Changes/Specification Changes (3D colour renderings)
- Final Quotation (based on material specifications)
- Contract for full Contract Build (including order deposit)
- Final Construction Drawings, Permit Drawings and Engineering
Tamlin’s Consultation Process
- Pre-design and Pre-planning Feasibility Consultation – to ensure your project is feasible from a budget, design and building lot perspective. This will help avoid the pitfall of planning and designing only to discover that the house you want to build is not possible.
- Professional conceptual hand drawings or computer renderings.
- Evaluation of scope of construction given zoning, height restrictions, local bylaws, site topography and geography.
- Balance of technical and aesthetic details with a focus on design continuity.
- Optimal design recommendations based on lot characteristics, building proportions, light, openness, views, interaction of space and daily life needs and routines, healthy home ideas, environmental considerations and scale of project.
- Comprehensive engineering, interior design and professional construction support.